Action 1: Project management
The objective of this action was to submit the project application in time and with the correct form to the third call of POCTEFA 2014-2020 so that we can respond to some of the common challenges and needs of the viticultural sector of the POCTEFA region. (action 0.
The Project Lead Partner (LDP), (UPNA), will be in charge of the Action, ensuring the coordination and the correct implementation of the project activities from the administrative, legal and financial point of view.
- Activity 1.1. Consortium technical management and interna communication.
- Activity 1.2. Administrative, legal and financial mangement coordination.
Action 2: : Communication activities
The first objective of this action is to communicate and disseminate the results of the project and produce a “Guide to good practice in nurseries and the evaluation of the quality of grafted grapevines” for the various target groups in the wine sector in order to reduce yield losses and increase the longevity of vineyardsThe second objective of this action is to communicate and disseminate the results of the project and produce a Guide for “Optimisation of pruning and sealing processes to reduce the incidence of wood diseases in grapevine” for the target audiences in order to reduce the incidence of wood diseases and increase the longevity of the vineyards through actions 2 and 5.The publication of the results of this project aims improve the competitiveness of the wine sector in the POCTEFA territory.
- Activity 2.1. Development of a communication and transfer plan/strategy.
- Activity 2.2. Development of communication and dissemination tools and materials.
- Activity 2.3. Implementation of the communication plan.
- Activity 2.4. OOrganisation of a cross-border seminar and dissemination of results.
Action 3: Optimisation of the
grafted grapevine production
The objective of this action is to evaluate the impact that some key steps of the production of grafted grapevines have on the success rate of the grafting (quantitative yield) and on the technical and sanitary quality of the plant obtained (qualitative yield). We aim to improve the efficiency and productivity of the nursery sector and provide winegrowers and wineries with higher quality plants. The action is divided into 4 activities:
- Activity 3.1.Evaluation of the impact of the quality of the wood on the grafting success.
- Activity 3.2. Evaluation of the type of grafting on the quality of the plants.
- Activity 3.3 Study of the implications of soil biology on the fertilisation (biofertilisers) of the plant, on its quality and on the presence of wood fungi (biocontrol).
- Activity 3.4..Preparation of a “Guide to good practice in nurseries and evaluation of the quality of grafted grapevines”.
Action 4: Optimisation of the pruning process to reduce the incidence of wood diseases and increase the longevity of the vineyard
The aim of this action is to study the effect of different types of pruning on young and adult grapevines, and the process of wound sealing to reduce the incidence of wood diseases and increase the longevity of the vineyard. The action is divided into 4 activities:
- Activity 4.1. Evaluation of the effect of the type of pruning on the initial development of young grapevines
- Activity 4.2. Evaluation of the effect of the type of pruning on the development of adult grapevines
- Activity 4.3. . Evaluation of the effect of pruning wound seals on fungal infection.
- Activity 4.4. Preparation of a Guide “Optimisation of pruning and sealing processes to reduce the incidence of wood diseases in grapevine”.
Action 5: Transfert des connaissances RD générées par le projet au secteur vitivinicole de la région POCTEFA pour accroître sa compétitivité.
Transfer of the R&D generated in the project to the wine sector of the POCTEFA region to increase its competitiveness.The aim of this action is to promote the dissemination and transfer to the wine sector of the POCTEFA region and other European regions of the main R&D results of the project (processes of grafting and pruning in vine plants, evaluation of plant quality, methods of wound protection to reduce the incidence of wood diseases, etc.).The various activities proposed under this action will enable wine companies in the POCTEFA territory and the sector to have information and direct access to R&D applied to their field with the aim of increasing their competitiveness and promoting their growth and development. Furthermore, by bringing R&D closer to the private sector, they will strengthen the relationship between public R&D and companies in the sector.
- Activity 5.1. STATE OF THE ART. Identification of scientific studies and analysis of knowledge on grafting and pruning techniques in grapevine.
- Activity 5.2. TRAINING WORKSHOPS AND TRANSFER to the wine sector of the POCTEFA Region
- Activity 5.3. NETWORKING ACTIVITIES and exchange of experiences with other regions in Europe.